What Level Are You?
Aug 26, 2021
Recently I posted a couple of videos which I believed were inspired by the Holy Spirit. I did not ask that people believe me, butI did ask that they would watch the videos and pray about them.
I have had very little response. However, one person did reply saying that they would not watch the videos because of the way I looked. They thought I looked crazy, that I had "crazy eyes". My brothers and sisters in Christ, don't be alarmed! I have no ability to "zap" you with my expressions!
Please do not let my looks cause you to miss something important. We live in difficult times, and we need to understand the days we are living in. If God can use a donkey, He can use me! My responsibility is to share what I believe God is saying; yours is to evaluate what is said.
When I posted the video, I asked you to watch it and to pray over it. Today, I also ask that you ponder your position in Christ before you watch the video. Where do you stand in relationship to God? There are 4 basic positions:
- Believe that God IS. This is a good start, but only the start. Even demons believe that God exists! Don't believe me? Read James [in the NT] 2:19.
- Believe God CAN [See Gen. 1:1; Deut. 4:35, 39; I Ki. 8:60].
- Believe God DID [Deut. 32: 39; Is. 43:10, 11; John 3:16-17; Ro. 6:9-11; Ro. 10:13].
- Believe God WILL [Rom. 3: 30; Job 33:26; John 15:16] He will answer the prayers of His people. He will guide them and help them.
Be honest with yourself: Are you a #1, #2, #3, or #4? If you are a #4, Hallelujah! However, if you are a #1-#3, you need to repent, for you are suffering from what the Bible calls, "spiritual blindness":
- 1 Corinthians 2:14 --The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
- John 12:39-40 This is why they could not believe: Isaiah also said, “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, so that they might not perceive with their eyes, and understand with their mind and turn, and I would heal them.”
Just as some people are partially blinded while others have no natural eyesight, so it is with spiritual blindness.
- #1has no relationship and no fear of God--And the fear of the Lord is only the beginning of wisdom [Pro. 9:10]. Spiritually, these are the completely blind who were born blind.
- #2 has no relationship with God but choose to follow other things. They ignore the words of God. [Ex. 20:3] These are those that are willfully blind; who have closed their eyes to the light [Job 21:14; Mt. 13:15]
- #3 know about God and have a relationship to Him, but they rely more on their own strength than on God. Often they are deceived into thinking God will help more "spiritual " people but not them [See Ep. 4:18]. These are the carnally-minded who often allow their emotional to control them. [Rom. 8:6-8,13-17] in ding so, they begin to lose their spiritual sight and can no longer see clearly what God is doing in the earth [2 Ki. 6:17-20]]. I myself have had to repent of this mindset; I have had to confess of trying to do things in my own strength, of wanting to follow my own plans.
- #4-These are those who live in covenant with God and Who know His ways and are known by Him [John 1:10-13; 1 John 3:1]. These who live by the Spirit; they hear the voice of their shepherd [Jn. 10:27] and see God move [Mt. 5:8; Acts 7: 55-56; Rev. 4:2; Job 42:5; Amos 9:1].
However, for those that trust Him, not only for the past but also for the future, God hears their prayers and promises to help them.
- Psalm 145:18--The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.
- John 15:16--You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
- Rom. 8:26-28--Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
My brothers and sisters in Christ, Do not let appearances deceive you! Don't let distractions hinder you. Evaluate yourself. If you are a #1-#3, cry out to God. Humble yourself; call upon Him to open your spiritual eyes. If you call on Jesus, He will open your spiritual eyes and transform your life.
Isaiah 42:16--I will lead the blind by a way they do not know,
In paths they do not know I will guide them.
I will make darkness into light before them
And rugged places into plains.
These are the things I will do,
And I will not leave them undone.
If you believe and trust in God, look to hear His voice in every situation. Not every thing you hear is of God, but if you believe He IS, He Can, He DID, and He WILL, then know this:
- You will be able to discern whether or no He is speaking to You through a prophetic word [John 10:27].
- You will receive the wisdom and understanding to handle every trial, every situation you find yourself in.
- You will draw closer to the Lord and you will be able to hear Him more clearly!
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you [James 4: 6-10].